How it all began…
In December 2018, the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority, Missouri Scholarship Loan Foundation, and Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development convened a planning committee in collaboration with the National College Access Network (now known as the National College Attainment Network) to explore establishing a statewide network focused on college access and success.
Participating organizations included:
- Active Advocacy Coalition
- KC Degrees
- KC Scholars
- Mid-America Regional Council
- Missouri Association for College Admission Counseling
- Missouri Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Missouri Association of Student Financial Aid Personnel
- Missouri College Advising Corps
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development,
- Missouri Diversity Officers in Higher Education
- Missouri Scholarship & Loan Foundation
- Missouri School Counselor Association
- Prosper Springfield
- rootEd Alliance
- St. Louis Graduates
- Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis
- Southeast Missouri State University TRiO
The mission of the Missouri College Access Network (MOCAN) is to increase career and college awareness, preparation, access, and completion in Missouri, particularly for the underrepresented and underserved.
The leaders chosen for MOCAN reflect years of experience in the most respected facets of education and career in Missouri. The experience culminated in our Board of Directors provides the forward-thinking vision required to offer a vast array of opportunities and guidance — benefiting them individually and the state as a whole.
In conclusion, we would like to thank the wide variety of teams that came together to provide these resources. We now have a single website for the use of all Missourians. Our work is still ongoing. You will find our current Initiatives within this website. See our updates on the Greene County Cares Act Fund. Our Blog: Latest from MOCAN and Events pages, provide the latest information. Providers can sign up for our monthly newsletter to keep up to date. Above all, our Resources Tab provides information for both Students and Professionals. For instance, our Resources by Region map can target specific resources in your area. In other words, you can find Scholarships, Grants and Professional Development in one place.